Happy birthday, America!
Who doesn’t love the Fourth of July? The celebration of independence combined with booming fireworks makes anyone giddy.
But what’s a birthday without a birthday cake? To celebrate this special day, I make a healthy — and very refreshing — Fourth of July cake. I found this recipe on the back of a Cool Whip container almost 15 years ago and have been making it ever since.
The recipe is really simple and a grand slam at any patriotic party. Check out the recipe below and give it a try! Let me know what you think.
What You’ll Need:
- 1pkg. (12 oz.) prepared angel food cake, cut into 1/4” slices
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 1-1/3cups blueberries, divided
- 1 tub(8 oz.) COOL WHIP Fat-Free Whipped Topping, thawed
How to Make It:
- SLICE 1 cup strawberries; cut remaining strawberries in half.
- COVER bottom of 13×9-inch dish with cake slices. Spoon COOL WHIP on top of cake slices. Add sliced strawberries and 1 cup blueberries.
- COVER strawberries and blueberries with cake slices. Again, spoon COOL WHIP on top of cake slices. Arrange strawberry halves on COOL WHIP for stripes of flag and remaining blueberries for stars. Refrigerate until ready to serve.